View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 12:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay4au View Post
I've been looking at a 1994 Maristar 200 that has been totally re-worked. To my surprise, however, I learned that it did not have a radio / cd player or speakers. Looking at pictures of the boat, there's a place on the dash with flip down cover for the stereo head unit to go. My problem is that there are no speakers on the boat! Is this normal? I just can't see spending this kind of money on a Mastercraft that doesn't even have a way to play a radio. I wouldn't mind putting in the stereo, but I was wondering if anyone out there has ever had to add speakers, cut them in, etc.? Is this possible? I wouldn't want to buy a $16,000 MC boat and have to play a battery powered radio out on the water - not cool! Just wanted to make sure I could do this before looking further at the boat. If any of you have experienced this, I'd love to hear your input. Thanks!
I agree with DoubleD...16K is high for that boat. As I stated, I paid 16K for my 95 200VRS several years ago and it was in mint condition. People who see my boat think it's only a few years old because it's in such good shape. Does the 94 have the fiberglass "euro" platform? I hate mine. Also, a lot of the Maristar 200s will porpoise over 30 MPH when you have 3 or 4 people in the boat. What do you mean by "re-worked"? There are a lot more important (and expensive) things to be concerned about other than a stereo.