View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 10:43 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
To address the ballast comments, honestly this boat doesn't need alot of ballast. I've actually taken a wakeboard set with the boat completely empty and thought the wake was better than my 05x2 loaded with 2700lbs + people. Definitely one of the best surf boats they have too, surfed one this Saturday with tabs, stock ballast and 9 people and it was amazing.

I know a wakeboat that doesn't need alot of ballast is crazy, but test drive one and you'll see.
I agree. I am no pro, But I have a hard time handling the wakeboard wake with my factory tanks full in my X25 +5-6 people in the boat. It is the best wake I have ever seen on stock ballast.

-I have never used the plug n play sacks for wakeboarding yet. My buddy, who is much better than me, doesn't even want to fill them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuwaterboy View Post
Also, I would not buy the plug and play system. I don't think it's enough ballast. The storage compartments have more than enough room for added ballast in the X-25.
I have plug and play, and it is plenty for surfing. When I surf, I have the port hard tank and KGB full. and the port sack full. Attitude plate at 50% and tabs 100% to port, 10.5mph. Its a big wave.... The 25 is a great surf boat. I cant imagine it with a 750lb sack. It must be crazy!!