View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 07:51 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 PS 190 w/ mini tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwardenjr View Post
I have been talking to my local dealer and he is suggesting the x-25 as the best bet for me. I have tested the Tige, Centurion and Malibu boats but just canít stand the quality after being in a Mastercraft. The Tige & Centurion made a nice surf wake but again the quality of these boats are just not there. This will be my first Mastercraft boat but want to make sure I get the right boat for us.

I live on the Colorado River AZ in the Parker Strip area ... we have clean water for about 2-3 hours in the mornings and then for about 1 hr in the evenings for wakeboarding. Then is gets very rough. We then want to start Surfing in the mid-day. The only drawback to the x-25 was the small storage area for additional ballast ? to make good surf wakes ? What is your thoughts on the x-25 for us. Has anyone been able to dial in this boat for wake surfing ?

We were going to order the boat with Plug n Play Ballast, Power tower, big engine and the norm options.
X-25 is arguably the best surfing boat that MC currently has, and it is not a problem to get that boat weighted to have an excellent surf wake. The steeper deadrise of that hull also means that it will handle ruff water better than some of the other pickle fork boats, unless you step up to an X-35 or X-55.