View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 03:49 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by charly View Post
Hi gents,

So far I didn t manage to test the boat, first it was the battery, then the steering system and now looks like there is a problem with the pressure valve... looks like this boat was not used since a long time and need a full revision... I think I will give up for this one.

So far I am now focusing on a 2007 X-2 with (only) 78.5h, this one is a salt water series with a 5.7L crusader engine. Price proposed is 45K$ with trailor and cover, which would have been fine if the boat was immaculate, but unfortunately it is not the case (see attached pictures).

If the outside looks ok (some scraps on the hull however) the engine has a lot of rusting points / elements, which is clearly showing a lack of maintenance.

I should test the boat next week. I believe the engine could be ok, as it is only "superficial" problems. But anyway it will affect the resale value. 35k$ (if the boat is working fine) looks a fair price. what do you think?

Not easy to find a good boat in the Gulf!
I personally wouldn't invest 35k in that rust bucket.....the Titanic's engine looks better than that and it's been under water for 100 years.