View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 10:47 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankSchwab View Post
Hey Noel
Get registered - you show as a guest.

I use the longer Napa filter - I think the stock size correlates with the Napa 1060. The 1069 is the same thing with more filter area; we're not short of space for an oil filter, so I figure the additional area is a good thing. But, the short one is stock so it's certainly not a problem to use it. Napa filters (made by Wix) had a really good review in the Knize oil filter study

I built an oil drain hose extender with 3/8" plastic tube and a brass fitting from Home Depot to drain the oil. Yes, I've got the same problem as you. I screw them together, drop the tube out the back into an empty 1 gallon Oil jug, and let it sit for a few hours.

If the sensors are about 2" in diameter with a wire coming out of the top middle, they're probably depth finder transducers - normally there's only one, but maybe someone glued in a new one without removing the old one.

/frank
I did the same for my drain hose on my '05 xstar.....I couldn't believe MC installed a hose that was too short! I use a bucket larger than 1 gallon because you will get more than that out of your engine overnight.

NAPA 1069 filter for me every time.