View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 03:48 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealchevy View Post
And pertaining to the windshield because I am sure there will be some questions. The windshield is made by Taylor Made Systems. I contacted them and they wanted a model number for it. I called Mastercraft and was told that they don't have a Taylor Made number for it. I thought that they were giving me the runaround because they want to sell me the windshield for $1360. My contact at taylor made called Mastercraft with the hull number and in fact they did not have a Taylor Made number for it because of its age. Taylor Made said that I can work with their specialty department on a custom windshield but it would end up being more than what Mastercraft wants. So it looks like $1360 is where I stand on the windshield, the good thing is that there are two in stock.
That doesn't sound too bad really. When my brother had his 99 SN it had a two piece windshield with a split down the middle. In 2006 half of it got shattered when our sisters boat broke anchor and collided. Just the glass cost him $800, and that was for only half....

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams