Thread: Advice Needed
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 10:00 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 XStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreddy View Post
I never could push the MB Quarts to a volume level that could be easily heard while behind the boat. I had always thought that my speakers and tower lights were aftermarket so I'm frankly a little surprised to see you have the exact same setup right down to the Boss3 cans. Can't remember exactly what amp I had but there was only one. The sub was under the dash pointing at the driver's knees if I remember correctly. It sounded good from inside the boat but didn't have near enough juice to push it out to a rider.

I am not sure if this was a stock setup... When I bought the boat, the Quarts were hooked up but the lights were not. This makes me think that the previous owner bought the speaker and light bar.. I removed the stock sub and replaced it with a 10" Marine Apline. I'm running two amps. One 800W Pioneer for my sub and replaced the stock deck speakers to Marine Infiniti's with the original Clarion amp for mids/highs. I need to check the wiring to make sure all of my connections are good. Thanks for confirmation on the Quarts!