View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 05:10 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Looks to me like you've been given a couple other choices that look better than the one you're looking at. The boat I referenced was in Hudsonville and the picture is in front of AWS. It has the MCX motor option ($3K option) and a tandem axle trailer ($2K) and the interior isn't coming apart. If you're in Detroit you may want to check out that boat at Harrision Marine. They're located on Lake St Claire over by Selfridge Air force base on East River Rd.

http://www.harrisonmarine.com/

If you're really in love I'd suggest referencing these other boats to get a better price and have them fix the interior for you as part of the deal. Getting interior work done well is not cheap and if this seat is coming apart I'd get ready to see some other pieces to start needing work also.

It's your money and your choice but buying a boat with that many hours could be problems. Nothing will turn you and your family off more to boating than having it break down and leave you stranded somewhere. A boat with a 280 hours will most likely be much more reliable than one with 1000 hours no matter how well it was taken care.