View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 10:10 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMCX30 View Post
Very interesting. Did it solve your problem? I am going to check my hoses. Great suggestion.
I guess my larger question is this: Is it OK to run with tempertatures of 160 on one side? based on what Indmar said and what I've read here, it seems like this variance might be normal. and it is OK. Your thoughts? Thansk again!
Yes Sir. Problem solved. That was indeed the issue. The release of backpressure also cleared up one other performance issue as well. I ran it tonight on the water.

I consider Indmar to be Subject Matter Experts (SME) as well as the fine folks at Discount Inboard Marine. I was talking to Richard and Vince at DIM and they too said it is not unusual for one bank to run a bit hotter than the other is. I would not have an issue running the boat at 160 deg F.

One thing to consider (for me) my temp gauge was reading right at 160 deg F and the riser was very hot to touch. I knew the water was cooling the temp sensor but also knew I still had a problem. This is with a 143 deg F thermostat. Once I ran the engine tonight with the new hose, everything fell right into place. I am 100% confident that this resolved my issues after running it on the water. It idles much better, accelerates much better, etc.... sounds much better.

Be aware that to get to the hoses (easily) you'll need to remove the riser (or tangle with a stiff hose). In doing so, order a new gasket first and have it on hand. That said, with an 8 year old boat (no real age) while I had the riser off, I'd replace the hose(s) anyway since it is apart. That being, you may want to order two hoses and gaskets, and replace the other one this winter. Preventative maintenance. Don't forget the anti-seize compound on the new riser bolts that you will install. Eighty-grit sandpaper and a window scraper knife will clean the flange mating surfaces from the old gasket material. Some dishwashing soap allows the new stiff hose(s) to slip on easily.

The large opening is the opening between the wall and the interior ID. That is where the water was going and the other end of the collapse was not open. It was backwashing into the riser.

Attached Images

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Last edited by Cloaked; 09-03-2010 at 10:18 PM.