Thread: Tri-Star 190
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 08:46 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1991 Mastercraft Tristar 190
I bought my 91' last summer and have learned to love the boat. My boat was "tired" as well when I bought it but after 2 weeks of elbow grease, it looked really decent. Luckily, the engine was well maintained by a Mastercraft dealer every year so it ran pretty good but needed a few tweeks. I had to put a few new skins on the driver, passenger, to front and back seats but had that done for around $300. New trailer tires and a good sanding a a fresh coat of paint. It is not real good on rough water (but what 19' ski boat is???). The front sits pretty low in the water and you will no doubt take on water until you learn to drive through the waves (due to the gas tank being forward of center on the boat I believe). I just tried a power turn with mine this weekned with full success and it was kick as#, I am not sure how hard it is on the boat but I am going to post that question to find out. I also think the Tri Star is a great intro ski boat at the right price. I do however look forward to the day of a ProStar 205 WT. Please post on Facebook as I tried to start a Tri Star fan site, just search for Mastercraft TriStars