View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 01:34 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: None
Considering a 2002 X-10 or 2010 X-1 (Rought Water)

Hello all. First Post. I've been lurking for a while learning as much as I can about Mastercraft boats.

I am about to pull the trigger on my first Mastercraft, a 2002 X-10. I have owned various I/O and Outboards my whole life. I have looked at the boat and it is in excellent condition. I am going to take it out this afternoon for a test run. Assuming all goes well I just might have a new boat by the end of the day.

Anything I need to look out for in particular on this boat? I think this model was discontinued in 2005 and replaced with the X-15 in 2006. The boat has 350 hours on it. I'm just looking for any comments related to the X-10 in general and any gotcha's I should be aware of when test driving.

Thanks.

UPDATE: After looking at the X-10 I really like it and think it fits my needs perfectly. However, I can get into a used 2010 X-1 for not much more money. I am concerned about how the X-1 handles rough water compared to the X-10.

I need opinions on how well the X-1 handles rough water generally and compared to the X-10.

Thanks

Last edited by rabid; 07-01-2010 at 03:17 PM.