View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 02:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
Not yet, I don't plant till the last weekend in April or the first weekend in May just to be sure we get past the last deep frost. I've got the ground fertilized and limed already and waiting for the rains to soak it in.
As per the last couple years and with the grandbaby eating most of the tomatoes, I'm just doing it mostly for her. I can't have but small infrequent amounts of tomatoes anymore because they are extremely high in Potassiun and are not allowed in my diet due to my kidney failure and dialysis.
My garden is usually pretty popular with the friends, relatives and neighbors. I plant 2 plants of "Grape Tomatoes" and the two plants produce hundreds, if not thousands of them. They are small and very sweet. With support, these plants were over 7 ft. tall last two years. Your grandaughter might just love them, I know my neices do. I take them about 100 a week and their mom puts them in their school lunches each day. They never seem to get tired of them. Don't get the "Cherry Tomatoes" and think they will be as good or as sweet, larger but not as good. I'm inspired and home w/ my son today (Spring Break), I think we will go prep. the garden for planting. Here in CO we are at least 5 weeks from planting, snowed yesterday.