View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 12:30 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft 205, 1999, LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudaire View Post
Thanks for the reply.. I hope this wasn't viewed as a redundant or stupid thread. I spent hours searching team talk before posting, and couldn't get a clear answer. From what I remember, there aren't any 'drain plugs' on my setup. Just hoses attached to both ends of each riser/manifold, and the hoses at the back of the engine attach to each other..

From my reading, I've deduced that at one point, there used to be drain plugs where these connecting hoses are now, and these drain plugs were very difficult to remove, thus the birth of the hoses with the quick disconnect..

But after reading the post from someone who claims to both 'uncouple' the hoses AND remove plugs from the same risers made me concerned...

BTW.. nothing 'flows' through those hoses when coupled, does it? The coupled hoses that join the right and left riser? The hoses are really acting more like a drain plug in that water pressure is the same at each riser, so the water in the hose just sits.. Is this right?

dave
I can't answer your last question. All I know is that when I uncouple the hose to drain the manifold a bunch of water pours out.