View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 02:41 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1999 Mastercraft Maristar 210 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNAT87 View Post
Eagle theres not much to the install. I did it myself with one other person just to move the tower around. When you buy a tower from New Dimension you get the tower, great instructions, all the hardware needed, backing plates, and a can of fiberglass(Kitty Hair). You assemble the tower on the ground and then set it on the boat. Play with it and find your marks and mark them. Pull the tower off and drill the holes.

Do it right and dont skip the fiberglass part! Here you just spread the glass on the backing plates about 1/4" thick and put them in place. I gave my boat about 2 days to set up before i used the tower.

No joke the hardest part of the install was pulling a couple panels of the inside to get to the locations. Once I did that no location was hard to get to and everything went smooth.
With 2 people it took 4 hours.
GNAT, when you drilled your holes how did you prevent the gel coat from chipping. I saw a video that suggested drilling the holes while running the drill in reverse and then chamfering the holes with a round ball shaped bit. Also, were the top plates that mount to the gel coat side curved to form to the shape of the boat?