View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 09:55 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbons View Post
First off, I just posted my first post today, to see if I had any options for fixing a seam in my observer seat. I started reading some unrelated posts and thought maybe I could be a positive contributor. I don't even know how to sign up to be a full team member. Is ignorant instant sarcasm and skepticism how some of this group treats someone offering a great tip? Gee, maybe I don't want to sign up...

Anyone who doesn't know that LT-1's doesn't know what they don't know. The LT-1 has aluminum heads, reverse cooling, and a cam driven water pump (you knew that, right?). That caused a big problem. It was addressed in the June 1996 Service Bulletin that was generated after my disclosure to MasterCraft and Indmar. Does anyone remember MasterCraft's Nathan Long? I sent him the fix initially. He got Indmar's Alan Tehan in touch with me. Is he still around? He flew in from Indiana and rode around in my boat. He also did some altitude tweaking on my EFI calibrations. Still thinking I'm making something up? I am, after all, just a dumb mechanical engineer.

The overheating problem has to do with aerated intake water and steam in the heads. Wanna know more? Tell me how to fully sign up. If your boat doesn't do it, it may have been built after the bulletin, and had the modification done at the factory.

Yes, I have a fix that will make the heater work full temperature at idle. Absolutely, positively. You will love it. It's a simple plumbing routing. We used to ski mostly in the off season, which meant the water was usually 50 degrees and below. I have wakeboarded while it was snowing, one day we waterskied in the morning and snow skied that afternoon. My family was on the evening news weather for being crazy. Anyway, when it's that cold, you want a heater working full time. Yes, I can show that trick too. But again, I didn't come up with that one. Another LT-1 owner discovered the right plumbing to do it. I showed him how to keep from cooking his motor (the service bulletin topic).

So, if you want more, help me out to get fully registered or whatever. But please knock off with the doubt.

First of all, we all on here like to have a little fun with EVERYBODY that shows up here. I didn't see ANYBODY doubt what you said, they just said they'd like to see MORE. personally, I don't have an LT-1, so no, I wouldn't know that it has aluminum heads, reverse cooling , and a cam driven water pump. So I've got NO dog in that fight.
Secondly, IF you are a mechanical engineer, you should be able to figure out a simple process for signing up on here. Its NOT hard.
We welcome EVERYBODY, (with the exception of a select few)( and you're NOT in that select few, BTW) to this board! I suggest that you thicken up your skin just a wee bit, join, and have fun like the rest of us do on here. We always like to hear from people that know what they are talking about, even IF we do rag you a little bit.
BTW, what year is your boat? Skidog