View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 09:28 AM
MC Addict
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
I have skiied the 214, however you are a much better skiier than I based on what you are running. I can say the 15 and 22 off bump is larger than the 197, no question. I can't speak for 32 off, that's way outside my ablilties.

I can say this about the room in the boat. I took a barefoot clinic with Keith St. Onge last year at our lake and we took the 214 (actually X-14). There were 5 footers plus Mr. St. Onge. It's been almost a year since the clinic and my buddies and I who took it still talk about how much room we had in the boat and even with 6 people in it for 8 hours. We didn't really feel like we were on top of each other. There is NO way we would have been able to do that in a 197 and been as comfortable as we were.

The other thing you may run into is if you get a tower and ski into 32 off the rope may touch the tower when you are out getting the bouys. A slalom ski will fit under the observer seat and under the seat behind the driver if you have no ballast tank (I think).

I would REALLY recommend skiing one on demo and take it through the course before considering buying one. Especially if you are skiing at that level.

Hope this helps.
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?

"It is no coincidence that the century of total war coincided with the century of central banking" - Ron Paul