Thread: Fuel Pump 101
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 09:53 PM
TT Enthusiast
Boat: 1/10th share in 2005 X2 and 2008 190

Thank you for taking on the mantel of 'MC fuel pumps ain't great', ours ran out of warantee a while ago and now is an expensive habit.

This is highly interesting seeing as our 2005 X2 averages 400 - 600 hours before burning out another fuel pump because apparently some of our less attentive club drivers are 'naughty' and let the fuel level drop below 1/4 tank..............

If that were really true of "fuel pumps'' my 400 000 mile Volvo estate would have had a lot of fuel pumps as I do not fill up until almost empty.

If someone really gets to the bottom of this, I would love to know so that we can re-enter the discussion with Mastercraft Great Britain without having to use rude words.
As a Process Engineer in the oil industry that designs the plants that provide the gas/petrol/lpg that runs our boats, being fobbed off "you do not know what you are talking about" is irksome.

I am not posting this in a derogatroy manner - but as a statement of fact that I as a dedicate multi-mastercraft owner believe the firm should be taking in hand and resolving to ensure its status as number one.
Apologies any accidental use of sarcasm, cynicism or confusion.

Last edited by woody; 08-22-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: see last paragraph