View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 09:51 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 mastercraft x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by djhuff View Post
I did mine earlier this summer. Not as good as this one, but I went to the auto parts store, they have "strip" LEDs in 2in, 4in and 6in varieties. I put a 4in above each cupholder (self stick tape) and two 2in ones under the filler cushion shining down on my sub. Then got a 12 in neon tube to put under the dash. I'm debating adding some in the speaker grilles, and I think you may have talked me into it. Did it all in red to match the boat.
the speaker girlles really weren't the worst part... just drill your holes like i did the grilles then MAKE SURE they match up to the ones you drilled in the speaker surround... i didn't even drill through the fiberglass... the wires are just sandwiched between there... no sound difference and obviously no visual difference... the only thing you have to do is when you're putting the grille back in place before you get the allen bolts (that hold the grille to the speaker and holds the speaker in place)make sure you tuck the wires up good in the grooves in the back of the grilles so there's no possible way you can see them... it'll come out clean

MY LED INSTALL... CHECK IT OUT

MY WAKESIDE RIDE

"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink... when they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
-Frank Sinatra

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem"
-Jimmy Buffett