Thread: Nascar!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:14 AM
MC Hero
Boat: Gone
Originally Posted by RexDog1
I am not a big Nascar fan
Living down the street from John Force it is hard not to watch drag racing.
I am a race fan, and watched some of the race on Sunday about the last 50 laps
It was a good race, but I have some questions? How often does NASCAR change
The size of the Restrictor Plates?, I have built about 2 dozen engines in my life
So I think I know my way around a V8, I would think a last minute change would be
A big thing?
I do need to say, I see why JR. has the fan base that he has, he just got crashed out of a 3Hr+ race, when he was in first, he pulls off his helmet and a TV mike is in his face, and said “it was a racing deal” and congrats to Bryan who crashed him out??? ….Class act
I can see why NASCAR is so big it is good racing, I just don’t have 3+hrs to watch
I will keep an eye on the rest of the season; I think I am starting to hate the 48 car
He looks like a Yeti???
Oh one more question Toyota in NASCAR next year, what engine are that going to use? I thought it must be a “stock engine” well the block to start, do they have a
Push rod engine in their street cars/trucks?
The restrictor plates changed by Nascar [1/64 smaller dia.] knocked of about 12 to 15 hp, resulting in slower speeds [10mph+-], better fuel milege and everyone suffered the same restrictions.
The engines are a modified version of a production engine with Nascar approved aftermarket and approved factory R&D parts. Much like the 2 door Ford Taurus [4dr], 2 door Dodge Magnum [4dr] and next years 2 door Toyota Camry [4dr] bodies which does not exist. The Chevrolet Monte Carlo is the only one of the four that is actually a 2 door. The front grills/hoods are somewhat different, along with the side windows, but the rear ends are all practically the same, all in the name of parity by the use of Nascar templates.
Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited by TMCNo1; 10-10-2006 at 11:43 AM.