View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 11:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier
I think the Edelbrock MPI kit is over $1K. When I mentioned this to my local ski boat mechanic, the answer I got, and the answer I hear most often, is that it just isn't worth it and if you want a fuel injected boat, sell yours and buy a fuel injected boat. Like Dan, I'm not mechanical. But this has been the consensus from the people I trust most on the subject.

If you're looking to spend $500, spend it on a Holley 4160 single feed marine carb. Greatly improved reliability over the 4010 you have on there now IMO.

I'm a Corvette junkie as a hobby and have read several articles on how they used a throttle body injection unit and wiring/computer off of a '88-'94 chevy truck on the older carbed Corvettes and spent less than $500 total cost, including wiring, just curious if this was possible on a boat, since you also have to take into account for water, which presents a problem for a computer out of a vehicle.

I've been told about the 4160 carb, and I am keeping it in mind. The 4010 I've got on it now has not presented much of a problem so far, other than being cold natured, I just personally like fuel injection is why I'm exploring this topic.

Can anyone tell me if the multiport injection systems from either the 5.7 ford trucks or the 5.0 mustangs will fit these indmar engines (ie will it bolt to the heads and the ports line up)?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to argue the points made about not being worth it, I agree, if you don't know how to do it yourself, then it probably isn't worth it.

Last edited by hz900; 08-07-2006 at 11:47 PM.