View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 12:28 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
As far as rear axles go, you can get away with much less than a 4.10 rear and pull a ski boat. Obviously, a 3.73 or so is preferable though.

Edit: Sorry, I'm reading backwards on this thread. What does Chevy offer? A 3.55 or comparable?

I found out (a little late) that my expedition has a 3.33:1 ratio. Didn't even think to look into that when I was shopping for it and might have kept looking had I known. I added a tranny cooler and it tows the boat quite happily with no ill effects and no struggling. It's rated at 6,500 lbs with that rear axle ratio. I think the 3.73 gets it to 7,800 or 8,000 but I'm struggling to remember what I've read at this point.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 01-11-2005 at 12:33 PM.