View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 10:16 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1983 Stars & Stripes
Well...finally have been able to start doing a little work on this thing...long story. Tanks out...will need to boiled after sitting for 15 years, new fuel lines. Fiberglass platform is off, it's pretty trashed. Not sure it's worth the trouble to repair as I'm not a big fan of the lag bolt design. Would like to go with teak...we'll see if it's in the budget. Figure I'm looking at abour $750 with a new deck and brackets when it's all said and done. Exhaust is out... will need some repair, new hoses, the old ones were pretty crispy and it would have sank eventually. Love those crome tips...another $250ish, again we'll see. Lot's and lots of gel coat repair and buffing to be done as you can see. New rub rail, upholstery, guages, wiring, windshield, trailer work... you know the story. Was happy to find this bad and pretty new looking steering cable/mech. Thinking it's probably not stock. All exciting stuff...need a second job, a cot in the garage and a good divorce attorney and I'll be good to go.
Attached Images