View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 02:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 X-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
Such a sick board! I had one of those too, and the Eric Perez one with the face on the bottom. I also remember staring at the Flight 69 wishing I had the cash for that. The white, red and orange one Byerly and Gator used to ride was so awesome.

As for riding switch. I agree with the others, it just takes doing it to learn. Next time you're out, switch around, and consciously relax and stand up. It always feels awkward at first, but just stand up straight and cruise between your edges in slow turns. Get a patient boat driver and friends too, don't worry about giving up because you think you're annoying people. It just takes practice
Oh, the memories. We definitely had the Perez model. I remember learning to jump and about every other time the board would come off your feet. Great times, and great crashes.

To build on what other posters have said as far as switch riding, I always preferred working on it on weekday afternoons with just 1-2 people. That way there wasnt a line of people waiting to ride. The water was normally smoother as well. One thing that helped me as i was learning to jump switch was that I would pop little 180s and land regular. It was actually easier to land the 180 than a regular jump, and that took the scary landing out of it til I was more comfortable and balanced jumping switch.