View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 12:52 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=34078

I totally used the OP's idea and ran with it. He may have pics of his install

The JL doesn't have hex screws. Has 2 Phillips holding on the grill. If you have coax then you must unwire the connection at the xover and let the grill pull out the wire when you separate. The wire stays with the grill basically.

If you have components then you just take the 2 Phillips out on back side of the grill and separate.

Note that you must drill holes on the opposite side as the mounting holes. This means you drill through the speaker case right and left of every mounting hole.

Zoom in on my above install and you will see the 3 holes per mounting area. This is to run the led wire through the speaker.

I will also say that lighting up the inside is a pita. Rings are much faster and easier. I have both. If you are a impatient person and rush things then lighting up the insides will be very stressful to you. It takes a lot of steady hands drilling through the speaker and lots of tedious work gluing the led on and routing all of the wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....