View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 10:18 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1989 Prostar 190
1989 Prostar 190 Restoration

Hi,
I am new to posting to this forum, used it a fair bit for advice.
I bought my first ski boat last spring and used it all summer (and loved it). This summer I want to fix up a few of the components and get rid of my 'patch jobs' on the inside. Last year I focused on bringing the exterior back to good with hours of oxidation removal and wax/polishes, gave the swim platform a healthy drink of teak oil (it was very thirsty), patched some of the poor interior spots, and had a custom cover made for it.

My questions for this summers to-do list are around the interior:
- I definitely need some new skins or have it all re-upholstered. I emailed Chris at the UpholsteryWorkshop. I am concerned as my skins probably can't be used as templates...

- the driver seat is in very bad shape (skins ripped, foam missing) Can it simply be replaced?

- the slider on the driver seat does not move. Is there a product to fix this other than WD-40? Can I buy a new slider assembly??

- Both speedometers are busted. Can they be repaired? or do they need to be replaced??

I am up in Canada and we still have 2 feet of snow but boating is definitely on my mind now.
Attached Images