View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 03:10 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1976 Mastercraft Skier Stars and Stripes, Ford 351
So here is the update,

I have almost everything back together on the wiring. I changed the way my lights are wired, before the gauges were lit when the engine was running. I made a "harness" for all the bulbs to wire to my navigation lights. (Makes sense that lights are on when my navigation lights are.) I am almost done with all the electrical that I want to accomplish for this season, and I am ready to do some decal removal. I bought the 3M decal removal wheel and will be doing that this weekend. I am in the Nashville area, and Stones River Fiberglass is where I am taking the boat to get the gelcoat brought back to life. They did a great job on my parents maristar, and they really know their stuff.

I want to also get my platform back in shape while its off the boat. I started sanding it with 80, and will finish with 180 grit. Everyone always asks the question, how much do I sand? So, I am curious, I was planning on removing all the gray colored wood before starting the cleaning process. Is that a good idea, or does it just need to be smooth?

And here are the pictures:
Light harness for the gauges
Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  67.3 KB

Everything is back in place, I mounted this under the dash, right where the windshield is attached.
Name:  photo 4.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  125.7 KB

Much better!
Name:  photo 3.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  101.5 KB