View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 08:27 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X1
How much to "fix" if selling my boat?

We bought our '93 Maristar 225 last year in the spring. I grew up around boats but my wife never had so I didn't want to spend a bunch and then have her not like it. Lucky for me she loves going out on the boat. So this year I've been debating on either selling/trading in my boat for something about 10 years newer or just fixing up mine and using it a couple more years. My debate really comes from how much money is worth putting in my boat versus upgrading to a boat that has the upgrades I'm going to install. I know regardless that I'm putting a new rub rail on my boat and making new dash panels. Aside from that I'm looking at star gazer wake perfect pass, a joystick tower w/ racks, swim platform pad, and a serious buff/compound/wax job. Just looking for some opinions from some of you who may have went through a similar scenario and how you feel about the choice you made. Realistically, if I put the rub rail and new dash panels on the boat I can probably come out about even or a little ahead of what I owe because I think I need like 10K to pay off. Looking at possibly moving up to a 01-04 X9 or some kind of 205v hull in the 20-30k range.