View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 09:41 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upnorth07 View Post
Came across this 2008 X2 for sale at Cranky Ape, a local auction house here in the Twin Cities.

Low hours
MCX
Heat
Etc, etc

Current bid is at $37,000 and the reserve has already been met!

http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp...emNumber=36350
This is my backyard and I was all over this boat and was locked and loaded to bid on it back when I first saw it in the shop last February. It never came up for auction and in August I bought my X14 and never looked back.

Here is the full story on this boat. It is a bank repo and it was a clean lift where nothing was taken off the boat before it was picked up by the repo boys. Stereo is complete (often the first things to get pulled before a repo) and the manual is there complete with the business cards from the folks that sold and serviced the boat at Midwest Mastercraft. They did all the work on the boat and it is great shape. It has sacks in the back lockers. Finish is good with only a few rub spots from the cover. Nothing major. Motor is clean enough to eat off of. It was pulled in the Summer/Fall of 2012 and it was winterized and then kept at CrankyApe in their front showroom which is heated. It was there all through the winter of 2012/2013. Earlier this year around October I saw that they had moved it into the back of building into a semi-heated area. Again, it was winterized in Fall of 2012 (tag on the trailer says so) and so it should be fine for the cold as long as the guy that serviced it knew what he was doing.

If anyone has any questions or wants a specific photo of something I can swing over and get a look at it. I am literally 1 mile from the place during the day, and 4 miles at night. As I said this beauty is in my back yard.

The downside is that I have seen too many nice boats on CrankyApe sell for more than they are worth. While researching this boat the folks at Midwest Mastercraft told me a story of when they personally gave a repair estimate on a submerged MC boat. The insurance company totaled the boat and CrankyApe got it and auctioned it off. Midwest MC thought it would be a good project boat for their shop in the winter because they knew what it would cost to fix it up. Low and behold the boat sold for more than what they could have sold it for, fixed up. So someone paid way too much for a totaled boat, so much so that even a boat service company could not make money.