View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 09:10 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft 225 VRS LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloop View Post
Cover looks nice.
If the boat is stored outside and it is a year round cover, I would not have cut out the swim platform. Debris can collect there not to mention sun fade and degradation of seadek.

A center pole may also be necessary. I see you are "south" but any snow load will stretch the center creating a low spot.
If there is a low spot for any reason; water will pool and drain to the interior below. Mildew will not be far behind and you will be starting one of those "I cant get the black spots off my vinyl" threads. FWIW.
I agree about cutting out the rear swim platform, but that is just how he does his covers. I think it is mainly for access to the rear tension straps. We may try to make something to cover up that area when it sits outside.

If we do get any snow this year I'll jump in there and use something to prop the center up, but I also have a big 20'x30' tarp that goes over the tower and covers the whole trailer too in case of a bad storm.

I'm hoping to be closing on a house in the next month and I'm going to put up a pole barn for the boat to keep it out of the elements until I can build my shop in a few years

Thanks for looking out!

Last edited by Whalenjf; 12-30-2013 at 01:25 PM.