TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Boat Ramp Bloopers (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=9331)

Sodar 06-05-2006 01:51 AM

Boat Ramp Bloopers

This past weekend I found myself around cocktail time walking over to the public ramp (beer in hand) and just standing watching the people load up their boats.

So this thread is left to posting pictures of launch ramp bloopers. The brilliant one's who forget to put the plug in, forget to take off the tie-downs, don't pull up the drive/outboard or my all time favorite... put the boat on the trailer with their fenders out and then drive home with them still out!

POST YOUR LAUNCH RAMP DEBACLES... BE SURE TO INCLUDE PICTURES!!

Good thing this guy has his fenders out! You never know what can happen on the way home!!

kycat2007 06-05-2006 01:57 AM

No picture but I saw a guy who had cut off the clip on his winch because he did not know how to release the winch's direction clip. I told him how to release it and told him to tie the strap to the boat and then buy a new one.

tex 06-05-2006 11:10 AM

Sodar-The boat's name says it all!

Upper Michigan Prostar190 06-05-2006 11:40 AM

Sodar, now THIS is a great idea for a thread!! :steering: :D I love it! cant wait to see what gets posted here!!!

Sodar 06-05-2006 11:50 AM

I know the girls look great, but wouldn't you ask them to get out if you could not pull the boat out!!

#47of100TeamMC 06-05-2006 12:08 PM

Hell-No, chicks dig burnt rubber(s)!

kjohnson 06-05-2006 12:22 PM

ramps

No pics but I saw a guy with magic tilt trailer backing down the ramp. The pin broke, the trailer tilted back and the boat slid off the trailer and slid all the way down the ramp. He was lucky that the motor was trimed up and all he had were a bunch of srapes on the bottom of the gelcoat.

Foiler 06-05-2006 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got this picture off of here a few years ago but thought it deserved to be posted again...can you say jack-knife.

88 PS190 06-05-2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SodarSki73
I know the girls look great, but wouldn't you ask them to get out if you could not pull the boat out!!

notice the one guy still in the boat w/ the ladies.

Either he really knows where he wants to be, or he really doesn't like being a man.

Worst blooper.

Worked at a Marina up in MI they launch this boat and drive it over to the wet bay and tie it up on the gas dock pier, it was a summerization so they let it sit. Unbeknownst to them they'd left the water OUT hoses off the engine. The boat sat and idled and filled up. eventually the engines shut off but since they'd had coolant it was good and wet, got to the point that water could come over the boat and the bilge pump just sat there running till the battery was done.

Real kicker, this was a Baja w/ dual big blocks....

Wonder if he was trying to turn around, or if the trailer pushed him around that way.

Upper Michigan Prostar190 06-05-2006 01:09 PM

that looks more like a switchblade..... :friday: