TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Appearance (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Carpet Replacement (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=60727)

GoBolts 05-14-2014 05:25 PM

Carpet Replacement

Greetings all. I'm a proud new Mastercraft owner and this is my first post.

I have been a Nautique owner for more than a decade but finally decided to switch teams. I bought a "New" 2013 X-30 (it was my dealers demo boat last year) and had the Gen2 installed. The weather is finally getting good and I'm excited to get her out and have some fun. When I was at the dealership I noticed the 2014's had a new carpet (it's not really carpet) and I asked about getting them to sell me the same for my boat as the floor plan is exactly the same. They quoted me $2700 so obviously I didn't jump at it. Have any of you seen this stuff? Do any of you have it? It is a synthetic sponge-like material that looks great (it has the MC logo screened onto it). Looks like it would be easy to clean by just power washing off and is pretty comfortable under foot. I'm curious what it is called as my search attempts have turned up nothing. If you have it, what are the pro's and con's? For $2700 I feel like it would be worth the effort to track it down from the manufacturer and cut it out myself.

Happy Boating!

mcparadise 05-14-2014 05:30 PM

Deckadence I'll bet. With shipping about $800. Not cheap....
Make a pattern and send to them and wah-law

WELCOME!!!!

SKIBUMM 05-14-2014 05:37 PM

Seadek also has a very similar product

GoBolts 05-15-2014 02:16 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Yup! It's the DECKadence. The manufacturers website claims it is only sold through the dealerships... so now on to trying to find it from someone who wants to be reasonable.

KnoxX2 05-15-2014 02:24 PM

Where in the west are you?

Mark 05-15-2014 03:23 PM

I made my own. 3m make a similar product, cost 150 dollars a square meter. Simply cut it out and put it down

mcparadise 05-15-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBolts (Post 1044493)
Thanks for the replies.

Yup! It's the DECKadence. The manufacturers website claims it is only sold through the dealerships... so now on to trying to find it from someone who wants to be reasonable.

steveh@hendersonmat.ca

Stephen Henderson
Henderson Floor/DECKadence Marine Flooring

Cell 778-855-7843. Office 778-800-9928. Toll free 1 866-224-7794 Ext 1

Steve was very helpful. He is in Vancouver. Canada. Mine (about $800 US w/shipping) just arrived and in the dining room now. Lays out FAST. It is thicker than carpet and has a nice subtle spongy feel. I picked beige color. You can pay more and get nice features (mc logo, trim ...all molded in). One piece product and you simply lay it into your boat, hoping your pattern was spot on ;-) I'm still a week away using it. Pulling exhaust manifolds today to re-torque head bolts after replacing a bad valve. She sounds soooo nice now without that skip.

GoBolts 05-15-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnoxX2 (Post 1044496)
Where in the west are you?

I'm in Salt lake City

GoBolts 05-15-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcparadise (Post 1044584)
steveh@hendersonmat.ca

Stephen Henderson
Henderson Floor/DECKadence Marine Flooring

Cell 778-855-7843. Office 778-800-9928. Toll free 1 866-224-7794 Ext 1

Steve was very helpful. He is in Vancouver. Canada. Mine (about $800 US w/shipping) just arrived and in the dining room now. Lays out FAST. It is thicker than carpet and has a nice subtle spongy feel. I picked beige color. You can pay more and get nice features (mc logo, trim ...all molded in). One piece product and you simply lay it into your boat, hoping your pattern was spot on ;-) I'm still a week away using it. Pulling exhaust manifolds today to re-torque head bolts after replacing a bad valve. She sounds soooo nice now without that skip.

I'll give Stephen a call. I would love the MC logo done large and on a slant in the main area. Thanks for the info!

NickGT2 05-16-2014 07:47 PM

DECKadence is the way to go. It's super water permeable, so washing it out is quick and drying is fast (no more stink). It doesn't get hot and is soft on feet bottoms. I put it in last year when I bought my '09 X Star- grey with black Mastercraft shield logo, replacing 4 year old snap in carpet.