TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Restorations and Refurbishments (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Decals, Gauges, and Metal Flake (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=59215)

ktrusty 02-27-2014 09:32 AM

Decals, Gauges, and Metal Flake

6 Attachment(s)
It's been a long time since I have posted on here. I mainly do a lot of reading instead. I wanted to update my long drawn out restoration project.

Boat:
1976 S&S Red, White, & Blue

I have rebuilt the engine, carb, stringers, carpet, etc. and am now working on electrical and cosmetics. This week I started replacing all the wiring in the dash, and wanted an opinion on where I need to have fuses at. (Previously, only the lights, and power form the ammeter to the ignition had fuses.) I am using the attached circuit diagram as a guide.

Before:
Attachment 106695

After:
Attachment 106696
Edit: I wasn't quite done here, I did finish heat shrinking everything

The next time I work on the electrical, I want to get the alternator replaced, but for now I think this will work much better.

Next issue, I need advice on replacing the decal above the swim platform. (working on that as well)
Attachment 106699

I know Jim has lots of decals, haven't read about anyone replacing this particular one. That's all for now, later I will get into the gelcoat and platform.

And other pictures,

Attachment 106697
Attachment 106698

mikeg205 02-27-2014 10:07 AM

We sadly lost Jim just a bit ago. I can provide you with those decals - PM for details if your interested.

The stern decal can be easily created....

Thatsmrmastercraft changed his recently.

mike

thatsmrmastercraft 02-27-2014 11:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg205 (Post 1017991)
We sadly lost Jim just a bit ago. I can provide you with those decals - PM for details if your interested.

The stern decal can be easily created....

Thatsmrmastercraft changed his recently.

mike

All decals from Mike. Just have stars on my stern, but would really like to do something more.

mikeg205 02-27-2014 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe I can generate and alphabet and even numbers...

cbryan70 02-27-2014 12:54 PM

Just a FYI that bar on the pylon will come out....lube it up and beat it out. They go back in alot easier than they come out.

mikeg205 02-27-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbryan70 (Post 1018055)
Just a FYI that bar on the pylon will come out....lube it up and beat it out. They go back in alot easier than they come out.

uhhhh.... never mind... ;)

cbryan70 02-27-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg205 (Post 1018059)
uhhhh.... never mind... ;)

:rolleyes::D Haaa just read what I wrote...he will get the point.....I think :o

thatsmrmastercraft 02-27-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbryan70 (Post 1018055)

Getting it started is the tough part. Takes a couple good whacks with someone bracing the pylon from the other side.

ktrusty 02-27-2014 02:33 PM

Mike, the ones you did for Thatsmrmastercraft look good, I think I would want to stick with the "Regional Towboat" decal, I think the back looks better with it than just stars. I know I should take the pylon out, I should be done under the floor for a while after this weekend. I've had it out before, lube always helps. :P

Any advice on what to put fuses on?

thatsmrmastercraft 02-27-2014 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would think you would want all circuits protected by fuses. My '77 has fuses for everything. I know I have pics of the fuseblock but can't find them. When I find them, I will post them.

I do have another wiring diagram though I don't know what years this covers. Essentially the same thing you already have.

Are you a facebook guy? The Mastercraft Project there is specifically for '68 - '85 boats with some guys that are really sharp regarding '76 and older boats.