TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Ballast (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Ballast System Install (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=58915)

Footin 02-01-2014 02:53 PM

Ballast System Install

1 Attachment(s)
I have started the ballast system install on my 2007 200VRS and I thought I would share in case anyone else was pondering the idea:

I started by ordering a set of factory gauges and breaker/relay box from Great Lakes Skipper. This was new and was slated for a 2006 230. I wanted this set up for two reasons, 1. No timers and 2. I would look fairly factory.

Here is a picture of what came with it. The gauges/switch panel, wiring harness and relay/breaker box.

Footin 02-01-2014 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I started last night by installing the gauge/switch panel, running all the wires, extending the battery harness, mounting the relay/breaker box and picking fiberglass splinters out of my hands and arms.

Here is what the area next to the dash looked like before:

Footin 02-01-2014 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And with the panel installed:

Footin 02-01-2014 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I mounted the relay/breaker box in the port locker on the back of the seat. This is where some of the factory models put it and it worked the best with the harness I had:

Footin 02-01-2014 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Harness wiring ready to connect to the pumps in the factory locations on the transom.

Footin 02-01-2014 03:04 PM

That's about all I can do until the rest of my stuff gets here. I placed a nice order with Wake Makers yesterday:
750 Sacs for the rear compartments
690 X2 Sac for under the bow seats
3 Johnson pumps
3 thru hulls and ball valves
3 vents
65 feet of 1" ballast hose

BTW: WakeMakers are AWESOME to deal with!

rek 02-01-2014 04:00 PM

Sweet will be following this thread!

TOO-TALL 02-01-2014 04:04 PM

Awesome.....looks good so far

CantRepeat 02-01-2014 05:37 PM

Did you order some deutsch connector to the pump leads and run to your pumps?

I have the connectors and the $200 pliers for the ends. If you want I can make you three pigtails and send them to you. In return just send the the female deutsch connectors and the green inserts. I have a bunch of the leads.

You'd still end up either soldering the leads or using but connectors. I know the leads on the pumps aren't normally long enough to just put the deutsch connector on the pump leads.

Footin 02-01-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantRepeat (Post 1010879)
Did you order some deutsch connector to the pump leads and run to your pumps?

I have the connectors and the $200 pliers for the ends. If you want I can make you three pigtails and send them to you. In return just send the the female deutsch connectors and the green inserts. I have a bunch of the leads.

You'd still end up either soldering the leads or using but connectors. I know the leads on the pumps aren't normally long enough to just put the deutsch connector on the pump leads.

Thanks for the offer, I will let you know as I have not decided what to do yet, I do have weatherproof spade crimp connectors I could use.....just have not decided yet.
Someone told me you can install the deutsch connecters with a punch and not use the $200 tool? The only pump that will need wire added to the harness is the starboard one, the other two have long enough leads.