TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General / Other (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Loose throttle (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=58683)

GoinBoatin 01-12-2014 09:26 AM

Loose throttle

I was curious if anyone else throttle is extremely loose. When I put in forward half throttle or so and hit any sort of chop the throttle will fall down and take off. I generally have pp on but when were just cruising around the lake it does it. It's not really a big deal to me because my hand is generally on the throttle at all times but it seems like it shouldn't be so loose. I remember my sear ray had a lot more resistance and wouldn't do it.

bturner2 01-12-2014 10:16 AM

It shouldn't be that loose. None of my boats have had a problem with the throttle moving because I hit a wave. Something is either loose in the mechanism or broke. Time to pull it a part and see what's going on.

mikeg205 01-12-2014 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You can get a cable brake

www.skidim.com has them... your sea-ray has a quicksilver throttle? those usually have little play but not as precise as the Morse on the MC's.

thatsmrmastercraft 01-12-2014 10:40 AM

Has this throttle issue always been this way, or has it worsened over time? I would be with bturner2 on this and remove it and have a look inside.

gusolah 01-12-2014 11:43 AM

I had the same issue and my dealer said the was an adjustment screw which they tightened on the throttle and it fixed the issue!

GoinBoatin 01-12-2014 01:25 PM

I just got the boat last year and it was that way and it hasent got any worse. I am taking it in to the dealership next week to have some fiberglass work done. Ill have them look into it. I hope it's just something that can be tightened like you said.

Thanks

bsloop 01-12-2014 01:55 PM

Define "fall down and take off"?

I have had issue with PP servo not winding in which required the throttle to be pushed further forward to engage the throttle cable. This was usually due to not having proper voltage.

GoinBoatin 01-12-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsloop (Post 1005104)
Define "fall down and take off"?

I have had issue with PP servo not winding in which required the throttle to be pushed further forward to engage the throttle cable. This was usually due to not having proper voltage.

It isn't affecting the pp. When I'm just driving around and have it somewhere in forward gear the resistance in the lever is so little that it doesn't take much for it to fall down and accelerate when my hand is not on it.

TOO-TALL 01-12-2014 03:01 PM

Look on the bottom of the chrome ring around the throttle.There should be a set screw you can screw in to tighten up the throttle.I did this on mine and got rid of the play in my throttle.

uplander 01-12-2014 06:20 PM

no play in mine, just curious what dealer are you going to use. I need some TLC and always looking for someone new in Iowa