TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Team Talk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Don't push me! (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=58200)

imyourmaster 11-18-2013 11:37 PM

Don't push me!

Why am I being logged out of a Team Talk session after a given period of time? Time and time again I've lost a complete thread I've just written. It sucks to put it mildly.

Tristarboarder 11-18-2013 11:44 PM

Hmmmm. I've had that problem before. You spend some time composing a thread and go to send it, and Bam! It says you must log in and it is gone....frustrating. Were you writing on a smart phone, pad, or PC? I have had problems sometimes while on my smart phone, and once or twice whole on a lap top......

imyourmaster 11-19-2013 12:11 AM

Logged in from a PC... It should not make a difference whether you're on a PC, MAC or smartphone, right? I simply don't understand why there's a time constraint.

mikeg205 11-19-2013 07:37 AM

They must be working on they system. I received a bunch of old PM emails yesterday...

Double D 11-19-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg205 (Post 992461)
They must be working on they system. I received a bunch of old PM emails yesterday...

As did I. I know they were waiting for a software update before they updated TT.

OP, how often has it happened? I cant remember, is there a check box to keep you logged in?

east tx skier 11-19-2013 03:16 PM

This has happened to me from time to time over the years. It can be frustrating, and I don't think it has anything to do with the software update. If it happens, don't log in. Hit the back button. Your post should still be there. Select and copy the post, then log in. Paste your post. It's not a perfect solution, but it beats retyping a post.

Stefan 11-19-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imyourmaster (Post 992442)
Why am I being logged out of a Team Talk session after a given period of time? Time and time again I've lost a complete thread I've just written. It sucks to put it mildly.

Timeouts are a safety issue, although a minor one here I guess...
Just a suggestion: when you write a longer post/reply, just copy the whole thing before you hit 'post', in case you timed out you can just hit reply again and insert it...

Cloaked 11-19-2013 07:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by imyourmaster (Post 992442)

This forum uses vBulletin as their shell for a forum. vB is about as good as it gets for forums. In their control panel options, there is a setting that does indeed time you out (but does not log you out) based on the Administrator's setting choice. I suspect this is the issue where the setting is low (in seconds) and while you're typing, you exceed the very low threshold.

If you'll do only this: log back in without going back and wait until your login is active, the post should be there in the thread.

As a backup for me (in case there is a glitch like Obammy's Health Care site :D) I always copy the content to my clipboard prior to submitting the post. Regardless, if you'll follow the instruction above, you should not need the copied content (to be used in a new post with a simple paste).

There is one other scenario that could cause your problem but this is likely the culprit.

Here's a snap of my control panel on another vB forum. I have my setting at 30 minutes. If you can't post in 30 minutes, you need to write a book and publish it.. :D

TTAdmin 11-26-2013 09:34 AM

Apologies for any issues - we have continued work on the new TT Forum update.
Thanks for your patience,
TTAdmin

TTAdmin 11-26-2013 02:49 PM

Copying your message content is always the safest option-

We just set the session time out to 1800 seconds or 30 minutes..as adjusted from 600 seconds or 10 minutes. Hope this helps-

Thanks Cloaked for the good advice!
TTAdmin