TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Best Boat Cover? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=57950)

chrison600 10-24-2013 03:32 PM

Best Boat Cover?
 
I need to get a new cover for my 01 X-Star and want to make a smart purchase. The current cover is equipped with snaps that correspond to snaps attached to the underside of the rub rail. I'll have these added by a local shop once I've purchased a new cover.

Any advice on the best current cover for a boat?

Thanks,

Chris

scott023 10-24-2013 03:35 PM

Find a reputable upholstery company and get one to make it for you.

H2ORidr 10-24-2013 03:46 PM

I second that but would add find a canvas boat cover company. My brother has a big boat and he gets amazing canvas work done by his local shop. I have visited a place close to me here in the Twin Cities and got a tour of their shop and their finished boats. Their work was amazing.

scott023 10-24-2013 03:56 PM

I got mine made of Sunbrella. 10 year warranty.

Indyxc 10-24-2013 07:30 PM

In the malibu evolution covers are suppose to be really good

http://www.evolutioncovers.com/

ttu 10-24-2013 07:48 PM

^^ curious as to why you used Malibu in your statement. they made me one when I had my 05 supra ssv and I know eastie has one on his nautique.

great covers btw!!

chrison600 10-24-2013 09:00 PM

Just contacted Evolution. The do not have a pattern for my boat. What about the Covermate covers from Overtons?

Indyxc 10-24-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttu (Post 987646)
^^ curious as to why you used Malibu in your statement. they made me one when I had my 05 supra ssv and I know eastie has one on his nautique.

great covers btw!!


Incomplete statement on my part. On the malibu forums it's the de facto choice.

scott023 10-24-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrison600 (Post 987671)
Just contacted Evolution. The do not have a pattern for my boat. What about the Covermate covers from Overtons?

I personally wouldn't buy any premade cover after getting a custom made. The fit difference is night and day.

H2ORidr 10-24-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott023 (Post 987685)
I personally wouldn't buy any premade cover after getting a custom made. The fit difference is night and day.

That was what I noticed when I toured the shop I visited. The covers were snug and look like they grew over the boats. And when I asked about getting a cover that would totally protect the boat from the sun, especially when on the trailer they said that was absolutely no problem.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.