TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Disney timing advice (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=57856)

Ben 10-16-2013 08:15 AM

Disney timing advice

Any help from Orlando folks or Disney frequent flyers? We are debating btw 1st wk in December or early April (spring break).

I'm sure the weather in April would be warmer, but prefer less crowds. We went in dec before and it seemed nice, except the day they were filming Xmas parade....

Does it get full during spring break is the question? Or at least considerably busier than early dec would be. Will be going for a few weekdays + weekend.

Thanks.

dpolen 10-16-2013 08:34 AM

We've taken the kids 5 or 6 times over the past couple of years. My wife is gung-ho on the Disney stuff. I HATE lines, I'm one of those people that enjoys a larger than normal personal bubble of space around me.

So to address your question, we generally try to find the off weeks to go there. For example, we are headed there the week before Thanksgiving. Any time kids in school have days off, people flock to Disney.

If you went 1st week in Dec, I would suspect that this would be a much slower week seeing that the week before was a prime week with Turkey Day. I think April could be hit or miss...most kids would still be in school, so it shouldn't be all that bad...better than spring break in March.

Hope this helps!
Doug

madcityskier 10-16-2013 08:40 AM

Proper timing is 10° btdc IIRC. ;-)
Spring breaking s ridiculous. We took advice from a friend who used to work there. After start of school and before Thanksgiving is supposedly best. We had almost no lines. At this time of year Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween is a must! After Thanksgiving you start getting families taking a trip together as a family Christmas gift and such. Also, Four Rivers Smokehouse for great BBQ, and Agave Azul for Mexican and margaritas are highly recommended.

d2jp 10-16-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madcityskier (Post 985597)
Proper timing is 10° btdc IIRC. ;-)

I read the OP's post before morning coffee and was wondering what the 'Disney' motor option was, thought I'd missed something:)

jgraham37128 10-16-2013 09:08 AM

We just got back from Disney last week. Lines weren't bad at all. It was still a little warm but not unbearable. I think either time will be fine.

There are two things I don't get... one is anyone who carries a two year old to Disney and the other is the one's who go there in the middle of the summer. I would never do either!

Willski 10-16-2013 10:31 AM

I can only imagine that spring break timing would be horrible, especially if it is the week before or after easter.

BrooksfamX2 10-16-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgraham37128 (Post 985601)
We just got back from Disney last week. Lines weren't bad at all. It was still a little warm but not unbearable. I think either time will be fine.

There are two things I don't get... one is anyone who carries a two year old to Disney and the other is the one's who go there in the middle of the summer. I would never do either!

We were at Disney World and Universal Studios last week also. Warm, lines and as noted many very small children sleeping through the park.

I wish I would have come up with the idea of having people pay good money to stand in lines all day long........... 8p

j.mccreight@hotmail.com 10-16-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d2jp (Post 985600)
I read the OP's post before morning coffee and was wondering what the 'Disney' motor option was, thought I'd missed something:)

Actually there is a Disney motor, a mercruiser for boats used at The World Contemporary Resort.

h2oskifreak 10-17-2013 02:05 PM

Disney is cool for the Holidays as they go all out on the Décor (World, that is). Stay the heck away though from Dec. 15th- Jan. 5th or so though. Huge crowds with bowl games marathon races and every New Yorker there ever was in attendance. I was there one year and they set an attendance record that day. Believe me, you do not want to be there then.

scott023 10-17-2013 02:07 PM

Don't go on Presidents Day long weekend...