TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   What is this boat worth? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   2002 X30 need some prices (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=57795)

gsxrjtt 10-11-2013 02:00 PM

2002 X30 need some prices

1 Attachment(s)
here is the info.. exterior is decent,, BUT has the bottom painted .. DOES THIS HURT VALUE ??? and interior will need to be replaced . It does have a dual axle trailer to go under it also

Looked at the mechanics notes when the boat was checked in:

Engine hours = 557

Ran out at 4900 RPM WOT, 160o temp, 45 PSI oil, 14 Volts

Compression as follows:

1 - 205
2 - 200
3 - 190
4 - 190
5 - 190
6 - 200
7 - 200
8 - 200

CC2MC 10-11-2013 05:56 PM

Having the bottom painted, indicates that it has spent most of its life at an in water boat slip and/or in salt water. If it has been in salt water and not properly maintained then yes that could hurt the value. Find out why it he bottom was painted and ask if it has had blistering. Does the trailer have rust? Also which engine? Everything else sounds about right. Someone else can tell you the specifics on the proper compression rates. Where in the SE are you located?

bigmac 10-11-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC2MC (Post 984664)
Having the bottom painted, indicates that it has spent most of its life at an in water boat slip and/or in salt water. If it has been in salt water and not properly maintained then yes that could hurt the value. Find out why it he bottom was painted and ask if it has had blistering. Does the trailer have rust? Also which engine? Everything else sounds about right. Someone else can tell you the specifics on the proper compression rates. Where in the SE are you located?

I don't know if that's completely true. There are two reasons to paint the bottom...barrier or anti-fouling. MasterCraft recommends bottom painting for any boat that is moored or stays in water, salt water or freshwater, since their warranty specifically excludes gelcoat osmotic blistering. Certainly evaluating for salt or brackish water use is important in the pre-sale survey, but the previous owner may have kept the boat moored in fresh water and was just following MasterCraft's recommendations that a barrier paint be applied to prevent blistering.

nickespi 10-12-2013 06:13 PM

I would assume somewhere in the neighborhood of $25-30k. Mine 3 years back in excellent condition was $32k. Ballast, tower, PP, custom stereo setup.

CC2MC 10-12-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmac (Post 984669)
I don't know if that's completely true. There are two reasons to paint the bottom...barrier or anti-fouling. MasterCraft recommends bottom painting for any boat that is moored or stays in water, salt water or freshwater, since their warranty specifically excludes gelcoat osmotic blistering. Certainly evaluating for salt or brackish water use is important in the pre-sale survey, but the previous owner may have kept the boat moored in fresh water and was just following MasterCraft's recommendations that a barrier paint be applied to prevent blistering.

Unsure how that is any different from what I said.