TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Waterskiing & Barefooting (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Boom on PS 197 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=57706)

Ned 10-04-2013 02:50 PM

Boom on PS 197
 
Recently replaced the 2002 PS 209 with a 2012 PS 197 WTT. Loving it! I included the complete BI boom set up with sale of 209.

Can anybody tell me about their experience installing the boom clamp on a newer model 197? Appears to be very tight between tow pylon and engine cover. Expect it will take some romancing when raising engine cover with clamp installed on tow pylon. Any comments / experience / recommendations?

Thanks!

Willski 10-04-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ned (Post 982951)
Recently replaced the 2002 PS 209 with a 2012 PS 197 WTT. Loving it! I included the complete BI boom set up with sale of 209.

Can anybody tell me about their experience installing the boom clamp on a newer model 197? Appears to be very tight between tow pylon and engine cover. Expect it will take some romancing when raising engine cover with clamp installed on tow pylon. Any comments / experience / recommendations?

Thanks!

I have an 07, but I think it is the same unless your engine cover is different, which is quite possible. I have no issues.

Kweisner 10-04-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willski (Post 982965)
I have an 07, but I think it is the same unless your engine cover is different, which is quite possible. I have no issues.

I too have the 2007 and concur with Willski. I believe the change to the Ilmor engine did result in changes to the cover, but my guess is you'll still be fine as this change happened a while back and BI still sells the same setup that fits that hull/pylon to this day.

thatsmrmastercraft 10-04-2013 04:30 PM

When in doubt, give BI a call. Mike is likely to answer and will have the definitive word. He has been most helpful when I have called with questions.

http://www.barefootinternational.com/Support.bifh

scott023 10-04-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft (Post 982979)
When in doubt, give BI a call. Mike is likely to answer and will have the definitive word. He has been most helpful when I have called with questions.

http://www.barefootinternational.com/Support.bifh

I find it comforting that the owner always answer when I call there... just seems right to me.

PineLakeRumble 10-04-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott023 (Post 982988)
I find it comforting that the owner always answer when I call there... just seems right to me.

C'mon Scott. You mean to say that you don't enjoy meeting new people form far away places reading off of a script? Things that big business left behind!

scott023 10-04-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PineLakeRumble (Post 982996)
C'mon Scott. You mean to say that you don't enjoy meeting new people form far away places reading off of a script? Things that big business left behind!

Nah, I've had enough of that rubbish.:rolleyes: Personal touch goes a long, long ways IMO.

DemolitionMan 10-04-2013 09:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
2008 197 Boom.

Rockman 10-04-2013 09:52 PM

The room between the boom clamp and the motor box on a 6 liter Ilmor is tight...

mcmx2 10-05-2013 01:33 AM

I have the 6 liter and it is very tight. I put the clamp up higher on the pylon and them bought the height adjuster for the boom. This way the clamp is high on the pylon but you can still use the contour boom. With the clamp higher you will have plenty of clearance to lift the engine cover.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM.