TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tires - 2500 Yukon (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=57705)

ProStar190Fan 10-04-2013 12:25 PM

Tires - 2500 Yukon

I am in the market for new tires for a 09 2500 Yukon XL, my last vehicle was very simple as it was an 01 Yukon and I would simply put another set of Goodyear Silent Armors on.

What have others bought for 3/4 ton SUV's?

I am in Grand Forks ND, so winter handling is a must. I have done a few searches and I am looking into the Goodyear All-Terrain Adventures.

Thanks,

Hammer 10-04-2013 01:20 PM

Double post...

Hammer 10-04-2013 01:21 PM

Michelin MTX load range E. For a straight street tire, there is nothing better. I'm running BFG all terrains on my 1 ton load range E. But have run nothing but the Michelin's on all my previous trucks and loved them, including my 2500 Suburban. Wanted something a little more aggressive for this truck.

thatsmrmastercraft 10-04-2013 01:26 PM

I have been running and selling lots of General Grabber AT2's and have been extremely happy with them. Snow, mud and ice traction has been great. What size tire are you running?

Ski-me 10-04-2013 01:38 PM

I have the All Terrain BFG's on my 04' 2500 Yukon and really like them as well. Decent riding, true and balanced, and they tend to last a long time too. No compaints. Perform well in snow and slush as well.

gatorguy 10-04-2013 01:59 PM

I put the general grabber at2's on my '10 suburban just after Christmas. I towed to lake Powell with them, 2000mile round trip, and have run them off road. They have been great! I think they look good, and they are pretty quiet for how aggressive the tread is compared with a street tire. Also my fuel mileage hasn't suffered either. I have about 15000 miles on them and it seems the tread is holding up well also.

clrussell 10-04-2013 02:12 PM

I was honestly surprised when Goodyear started replacing the silent armor with the adventure at, the silent armor was an amazing tire. If you liked your old tires I'd go with the adventure, it's about the same price as the older silent armors and probably a better tire considering they replaced the silents. If your happy with what you had stick with it.

On the other hand I just put a new set of toyo open country at2s on my truck and really like them so far; quiet, was a little cheaper than the gy, good looking, and seem to do ok on traction so far. Have not had them in snow/ ice or sloppy mud yet though.

scott023 10-04-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft (Post 982927)
I have been running and selling lots of General Grabber AT2's and have been extremely happy with them. Snow, mud and ice traction has been great. What size tire are you running?

Pete knows tires like no ones business... it'd be worth giving him a call on this.

XtwentyNot 10-04-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer (Post 982925)
Michelin MTX load range E. For a straight street tire, there is nothing better. I'm running BFG all terrains on my 1 ton load range E. But have run nothing but the Michelin's on all my previous trucks and loved them, including my 2500 Suburban. Wanted something a little more aggressive for this truck.

BFG AT is a great tire but if you go back to Michelin and want more aggressive try the LTX AT2, it won't disappoint.

drschemel 10-04-2013 03:01 PM

I like the Bridgstone Dueler A/T Revo. Good all around traction, quiet, and well balanced. The Firestones wear great but the compound is a little hard for my liking and cold weather traction not as good as it could be (at least not on my Jeep). Michelins are my favorite but sometimes the budget doesn't allow them!