TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Wanted to Buy (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   WTB Transport cover for '05 X-star (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=57662)

Jerseydave 09-30-2013 07:55 PM

WTB Transport cover for '05 X-star

For next summer season I'm thinking of storing my boat outside at the ski club. There are several trees around so I don't want the excess dust/dirt/bird droppings on my regular cover. I'm thinking a cheaper transport cover would do the trick. Are these covers waterproof?
If so, anyone have a cover for sale?

Cloaked 09-30-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerseydave (Post 982016)
For next summer season I'm thinking of storing my boat outside at the ski club. There are several trees around so I don't want the excess dust/dirt/bird droppings on my regular cover. I'm thinking a cheaper transport cover would do the trick. Are these covers waterproof?
If so, anyone have a cover for sale?

A terribly bad idea.....terrible...

Sell me the 93 Prostar and put the other orphan boat in it's storage place.

I doubt you'll find any cheap cover waterproof. Sunbrella covers come close but this isn't horseshoes...

Cheap covers are not good and good covers are not cheap.

Jerseydave 10-07-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloaked (Post 982032)
A terribly bad idea.....terrible...

Sell me the 93 Prostar and put the other orphan boat in it's storage place.

Ah, I see what you did there! You just want my Limited so neither boat has to live outside.
Well, they don't. I just wanted to save the 1 hour tow to the ski club every weekend with the X-star.
And no......you can't have the '93. :D

Sodar 10-07-2013 06:36 PM

I've got one, if you are still interested.

Jerseydave 10-07-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodar (Post 983556)
I've got one, if you are still interested.

I might be interested. Do you think it would fit over my standard cover?
Is it a bad idea to double-cover the boat like that to keep rain out? :rolleyes:

Sodar 10-07-2013 06:57 PM

It will easily fit over your cover. I use an old Maristar 215 cover on mine when I have to leave it outside over night. It works awesome. I am about 95% sure that if you fold your tower back on the X-star that this cover will cover the boat completely.

Jerseydave 10-07-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodar (Post 983567)
It will easily fit over your cover. I use an old Maristar 215 cover on mine when I have to leave it outside over night. It works awesome. I am about 95% sure that if you fold your tower back on the X-star that this cover will cover the boat completely.

I don't really want to fold the tower, so will it still work? Can you PM me with a price? Thanks.

Sodar 10-07-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerseydave (Post 983570)
I don't really want to fold the tower, so will it still work? Can you PM me with a price? Thanks.

It may have to be modified to work. Just pay for shipping and it is yours. If you want to slip an extra something in for a 30 pack of Coors Light, I'd happily accept. :cool: