TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Storage / Winterization (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   6.2L indmar fogging? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=57476)

packman312 09-18-2013 10:56 PM

6.2L illmor fogging?
 
Had one boat dealer dont fog- not needee. Skipper bud says fog through fuel filter only as to not foul plugs. Make sense?

Packman

mikeg205 09-18-2013 11:16 PM

no.. will motor be sitting out side or in a fairly insulated garage. If it was me - I would ask how does the internals of the motor stay coated with oil to not corrode in the swings of midwest winter temps and humidity.

packman312 09-19-2013 12:33 AM

Boat will be in insulated garage. Skipper bud said definitely dony fog thru cylinders. Seems like their is alot of variation on this.

CantRepeat 09-19-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packman312 (Post 979336)
Had one boat dealer dont fog- not needee. Skipper bud says fog through fuel filter only as to not foul plugs. Make sense?

Packman

How would fogging through the fuel filter not get oil on the plugs? Besides I don't see how you could put enough oil in the fuel filter while its submerged in fuel in the fuel tank. Or is he saying to fog through the air filter?

The intake on your boat is called a dry intake, IE it has fuel injectors over each cylinder. On these types on systems it is recommended to fog through the spark plug hole.

BARE5 09-19-2013 06:28 AM

Skipper is right in a way. Fog the cylinders using old spark plugs , that way , in their thinking they can get you a new set in the spring. Fog it all. Injectors , cylinders, spray the motor down with a WD-40 type on the external parts. It works. Insulated garage or not, unless your taking all of us out for a ski run in December, there needs to be protection inside the engine too.

jgraham37128 09-19-2013 07:56 AM

2010 X2 5.7
 
1 Attachment(s)
This was me last year.

CantRepeat 09-19-2013 09:56 AM

Mr Graham is doing it right!

sand2snow22 09-19-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantRepeat (Post 979386)
How would fogging through the fuel filter not get oil on the plugs? Besides I don't see how you could put enough oil in the fuel filter while its submerged in fuel in the fuel tank. Or is he saying to fog through the air filter?

The intake on your boat is called a dry intake, IE it has fuel injectors over each cylinder. On these types on systems it is recommended to fog through the spark plug hole.

Actually IIRC the owners manual for Ilmors says to fog through the intake :D

CantRepeat 09-19-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sand2snow22 (Post 979422)
Actually IIRC the owners manual for Ilmors says to fog through the intake :D

I looked through the 6.2 owners manual I downloaded from Ilmor before I posted. It has nothing in it about fogging under their winterization procedures.

http://www.ilmor.com/en/marine/recre...s-manuals.aspx

I believe the concept is that it's a dry intake and coating it with heavy oils is not recommended.

mikeg205 09-19-2013 11:27 AM

dry intakes no fogging thru intake - fog thru spark plugs - mine fogs like above pic...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 PM.