TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Fuel pump and gauge not working (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=57202)

CON 09-04-2013 08:14 PM

Fuel pump and gauge not working
 
So there I was having a great day and I shut off the boat to bring in a friend. I go to start it up and the engine cranks and cranks and never starts. I look and the fuel gauge reads empty but I just filled it up 10 min ago so that can't be. I end up getting towed in thinking the fuel pump is bad. I start troubleshooting and the fuel pump will operate when I wire it directly to the battery. Plus I tried to measure voltage on the supply side as the engine was being cranked and I saw no voltage from the supply side. Anyone ever experienced anything like this the fuel pump and fuel gauge do not work.

Table Rocker 09-04-2013 08:33 PM

The first and second thing to check is the safety lanyard.

ricford 09-04-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Table Rocker (Post 975279)
The first and second thing to check is the safety lanyard.

x2. The most probable culprit. If the lanyard is on, and seems okay remove the switch and jumper the wires together to be sure. These things go bad all the time.

sprj 09-04-2013 11:57 PM

If you've lost both the pump and the fuel sender, I'd look at a bad ground at the fuel tank. Jumper it to the battery and see if the fuel level comes back. You could lose one as a fluke but to lose both, I'd look at common wires first.
J

CON 09-06-2013 02:24 PM

You guys are the best!!!! It was the kill switch. The thing was still attached but I jiggled it a bit and then tried to start it and it started right up. I totally forgot about the thing and I would have thought it would have killed the whole system like a jet ski not just the fuel system.

Thanks again!

Table Rocker 09-06-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CON (Post 975804)
You guys are the best!!!! It was the kill switch. The thing was still attached but I jiggled it a bit and then tried to start it and it started right up. I totally forgot about the thing and I would have thought it would have killed the whole system like a jet ski not just the fuel system.

Thanks again!

Thanks for reporting back. I'm glad it was a cheap and easy fix.

ricford 09-06-2013 10:32 PM

Mine has done the same thing. Thinking of taking mine right out, I never use it. Glad you got it fixed.

chriscraftmatt1976 09-06-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricford (Post 975939)
Mine has done the same thing. Thinking of taking mine right out, I never use it. Glad you got it fixed.

Took mine out.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 PM.