TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Waterskiing & Barefooting (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   tiny skis for tiny skiers (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=57165)

Hatch7 09-03-2013 11:27 AM

tiny skis for tiny skiers

As crazy as this may sound, my 3 year old twins are chomping at the bit to ski just like their older sister and cousins. They weigh in at about 30 lbs so does anyone have any experience with skis that would work for this size kid? I have looked at the HO trainers with the video and attached rope and handle system; they look like they might fit but I always turn to you guys for good advice in the boat and ski department.

Hatch

east tx skier 09-03-2013 11:39 AM

My son was 3 and a half when he got up on the HO trainers. Might have weighed a bit more than 30 lbs though.

thatsmrmastercraft 09-03-2013 11:49 AM

My niece was 5 when she got up on the trainers a few years ago. She and her brother are still using the skis untethered. Those HO skis are very similar to what my brother bought. Good comfortable bindings plays a big part. Good luck.

Skir68 09-03-2013 12:11 PM

We just use tricks. All of our tricks have high wrap bindings. They are wide and easy to get up on, when you pull them at 11 mph, they are easy for tine feet and legs to keep them straight.
The boom helps as well.

Hatch7 09-03-2013 08:37 PM

Thanks guys! I picked them up this afternoon. We watched the video while I was unpacking the skis and they both said let's go practice when it was over. So I pulled them around the yard through the grass just like the kids in the video all three of us had big smiles on our faces and can't wit for the lake.

thatsmrmastercraft 09-03-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatch7 (Post 974925)
Thanks guys! I picked them up this afternoon. We watched the video while I was unpacking the skis and they both said let's go practice when it was over. So I pulled them around the yard through the grass just like the kids in the video all three of us had big smiles on our faces and can't wit for the lake.

Fantastic!!!

snobinge 09-04-2013 05:13 PM

My 4 yr old daughter and all her cousins got up on the HO Hot Shots this summer. Another good trick is set them on a tube when starting so they are already in an upward position. Most of the kiddos didn't need it tho.

Hatch7 09-12-2013 04:02 PM

Thanks, that's a great idea!

CCAnderson 09-13-2013 09:54 AM

My son is 3.5 yrs old. on labor day he asked if he could go skiing on his own. We have been skiing together most of the summer and now he was ready to go alone. Used a set of unknown brand trainers with ropes tied between the front and back of the skis and the tower boom. he held on to the boom. I held on to the boom with one arm and held a ski with the other. This allowed me to keep everything in the right position.

Success. First time we cruised at 8 mph until i could not hang on any more.

The bindings were too big for him so next attempt, at the recommendation of a former professional show skier, we are going to have him wear water shoes inside the bindings.

thatsmrmastercraft 09-13-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCAnderson (Post 977602)
My son is 3.5 yrs old. on labor day he asked if he could go skiing on his own. We have been skiing together most of the summer and now he was ready to go alone. Used a set of unknown brand trainers with ropes tied between the front and back of the skis and the tower boom. he held on to the boom. I held on to the boom with one arm and held a ski with the other. This allowed me to keep everything in the right position.

Success. First time we cruised at 8 mph until i could not hang on any more.

The bindings were too big for him so next attempt, at the recommendation of a former professional show skier, we are going to have him wear water shoes inside the bindings.

Great tip.