TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Help me decide which one I should keep? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=57126)

john jones 09-01-2013 12:44 AM

Help me decide which one I should keep?

2 Attachment(s)
I have a dilemma, I guess I could be in a worse situation but I can't decide which one of these to keep. My wife says ask on Team talk maybe I could get some help making a decision. I have pro's and con's for both, can't afford to keep both, I just can't decide.

The blue boat is a 1993 Maristar 225 289 hours great condition, lots of room clean boat.

The red boat is a 1997 Prostar 205 310 hours great condition, clean boat.

I like the Maristar because of all the room. Love the tandem trailer, handle's like a big boat.

I like the Prostar because it handles like a Ferrari, Love the fuel injection, hate the trailer, not as much storage as the Maristar.

Thanks for the help with the decision, I feel like a woman, I can't make up my mind!!

MI_Corey 09-01-2013 07:18 AM

I'm assuming you are not into boarding at all given the absence of a tower on either one so I'd say keep the Prostar. I have a 93' Maristar 225 dd and my dad has a 93' Prostar 205. The only reason I like mine better is the room and amount of freeboard. I have two kids under 2 years old so I like having the boat be a little deeper and having enough room to store all the diaper bags and other kids stuff. I also mostly wakeboard and the wake on the Maristar is a lot better for that. If I get a slalom out though I always use dad's boat. The Prostars drive better, feel better, the slalom wake is no comparison, and imo the prostars look better.

Ben 09-01-2013 07:22 AM

Great problem to have.... What do you want a boat for? If intermediate to advanced skiing is on the list , 205 hands down. If rec skiing, wake boarding , tubing, hanging out w friends, Maristar may be better. The 205 will do everything above, just not as much storage and there is a motor in the middle. Fuel inj is nice for sure.

Why do you hate single axle trailer? Do you tow far? They are a lot more maneuverable and with maintenance will work fine.

Personally I like the looks of the prostar 10:1 over the other.

Jerseydave 09-01-2013 07:41 AM

Keep the prostar. It looks like you live on the water judging by the pic. If that's true, why not sell the Maristar and get a pontoon for cruising/entertaining?

Install a New Dimension tower on that prostar so you can rack some skis/boards and give yourself more space in the boat.

agua4fun 09-01-2013 08:03 AM

First thought is keep the prostar.
If you really are torn, put them both up for sale for a little more than you think they are woth, see if someone bites. its like flipping a coin that way.

CruisinGA 09-01-2013 08:10 AM

I don't care what you do on the water, keep the prostar.

mikeg205 09-01-2013 08:50 AM

write down what you like to do on the water and what you expect out of the boat. If the trailer is a problem on the 205 - sell 225 and get a new trailer for the 205.

You could always sell both and get and 81 Sea Ray... ;)

bbymgr 09-01-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg205 (Post 974174)
write down what you like to do on the water and what you expect out of the boat. If the trailer is a problem on the 205 - sell 225 and get a new trailer for the 205.

You could always sell both and get and 81 Sea Ray... ;)

LOL!!!! Best boat ever made!!

tex 09-01-2013 10:14 AM

Keep both and get a girlfriend!

thatsmrmastercraft 09-01-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tex (Post 974186)
Keep both and get a girlfriend!

The wife won't mind http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/ima...lies/dunno.gif

As the others have said, base it on your boating needs. If that doesn't help, put your list of boating activities on here.

As far as the trailer goes, I absolutely love my tandem and wouldn't go to a single axle to save my soul.................well, maybe.