TeamTalk (
-   General / Other (
-   -   Transom shower attachment? (

douglips 08-24-2013 12:58 AM

Transom shower attachment?
I've got a 2002 XStar I bought recently, and it's missing the attachment for the transom shower. I don't know the magic name for it so I can't find anything on Google - does anyone know where I can buy the shower head attachment?

bturner2 08-24-2013 08:40 AM

macattack 08-24-2013 08:47 AM

douglips 08-26-2013 04:19 PM

Thanks for the pointers, but I'm still confused. I wish I took a picture of it, but it looks like an air hose quick disconnect, like this:

The female part is sticking out of the transom, and I'm missing a hose that has the male part on it.

I'm thinking it might be something like this:
because I suppose "qd" means "quick disconnect" - but there is no picture of that hose, and the corresponding full shower kit:
looks like it might be a different connector.

Maybe I should drive the boat to a hardware store and see if I can try on some quick disconnect fittings to figure out exactly what size it is...

douglips 08-26-2013 04:31 PM

Ah, here we go - this looks like the kit I have installed:

Just need to figure out how to get just the hose part.

Thanks for the pointers, I feel like I'm getting closer!

bturner2 08-26-2013 06:09 PM

Call Heater Craft directly. It'll cost more but you'll get the right part on the first try.

douglips 09-20-2013 12:21 AM

This worked great, the guy found the part and sent it to me. It's some kind of brass quick connect like you have on an air compressor, they don't make them anymore but they had one lying around the warehouse.

Thanks for the suggestion!

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 PM.