TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   MC surf system? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=56390)

Eagle 07-30-2013 10:32 PM

MC surf system?

Any word on a Mastercraft surf system ala the Nautique NSS or Malibu Surfgate? It seems that to be really competitive in the surf boat space, MC needs something similar. Surf tabs don't compare. The other surf systems let you change from wakeboard to port surf to starboard surf in seconds.

sand2snow22 07-30-2013 11:09 PM

1:11-1:14. 3 seconds is al you need :)

http://vimeo.com/69013295

Traxx822 07-31-2013 10:07 AM

On the NWWSA surf competition last week they use Centurion boats. The Enzo 244 comes with a new Ramfill, and CATS system along with tabs. Supposedly giving you control over 3 axis to shape the wake.

Apparently nobody could get it to work right so they picked a setting and thats what everyone surfing was stuck with.

Read this article.

http://flyboywakesurf.com/nwwsa-day-1/

Stick with MC. They are like Microsoft, usually last to the market, but always better than the rest and done right the first time when they get there.

Plus the marketing of such additions takes away from whats actually necessary to use the boat. Take Centurion for example. They market that they have the most tunable wave. Yet not even the pro's can tune it right.

Centurion reps at the competition gave up and set it to a basic standard that sort of worked even though the promise of individual rider preference was going to be done.

wakecumberland 07-31-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traxx822 (Post 962367)
Stick with MC. They are like Microsoft, usually last to the market, but always better than the rest and done right the first time when they get there.

Really? MC doesn't always get it right the first time. Ask owners of boats with the BIG system on 2011-12 boats. Or how about the ZFT2 tower or ZFT5 power tower? Lots of problems. Of course you were right about MC being like Microsoft, they are just not always the best. Case in point: Windows 8, Zune mp3 player, Surface tablet, SPOT watch, Microsoft KIN mobile phone, Windows XP tablet, UltimateTV DVR...what did i miss? :D Don't get me wrong, I love my MC but I guess I didn't drink the kool-aid.

Traxx822 07-31-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakecumberland (Post 962389)
Really? MC doesn't always get it right the first time. Ask owners of boats with the BIG system on 2011-12 boats. Or how about the ZFT2 tower or ZFT5 power tower? Lots of problems. Of course you were right about MC being like Microsoft, they are just not always the best. Case in point: Windows 8, Zune mp3 player, Surface tablet, SPOT watch, Microsoft KIN mobile phone, Windows XP tablet, UltimateTV DVR...what did i miss? :D Don't get me wrong, I love my MC but I guess I didn't drink the kool-aid.

Oh get off your horse.

Typical American, never satisfied. Expects perfect every time.

Last I checked MC and Microsoft are the industry leaders for the products they supply.

I run a 1.2 million dollar a year construction company that operates all on surface pro tablets, windows 8 computers, HP DL class servers, and I never have had issues.

You will be hard pressed to sell me. I'll keep drinking my "making money hand over fist" flavored kool-aid while I run my zero issues MC all over your bull.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

wakecumberland 07-31-2013 11:17 AM

Don't take it personal, this is just friendly banter! With all due respect, you are the one that said Microsoft and MC products are "always better than the rest and done right the first time" According to your profile, your boat is 18 years old. MC is not the same company it was 18 years ago, not saying thats good or bad, just that the industry and the boats are totally different than in 1995. Since MC is not a public company, we really don't know if they are making money "hand over fist" but we know Microsoft stock has been basically flat at $30 a share for the last 13 years and Apple's net income is more than double theirs. All companies get things wrong. They are run by humans, its only natural. With respect to that, we shouldnt expect any company to bring products to market that are "always better than the rest and done right the first time" BTW, I dont ride horses :)

Mossyrocks 07-31-2013 11:22 AM

K. I. S. S.

Keep it simple stupid. I wish ALL the wake boat manufacturers would get back to this. Unfortunately the market is driving them (and everyone else for that matter) to the "smart phone" mentality everyone seems to have these days. "Look at all the gadgets ours has!" "Screw you, ours can do this!" Most of which does very little for what the product hopes to achieve as its main goal. And as a by-product drives the price sky high, out of its own core market that made it, until suddenly the only people with the money to buy said product could care less about the gadgetry.

Just my opinion, maybe im partially or totally wrong.

bturner2 07-31-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakecumberland (Post 962389)

For us IT people you missed Windows ME and Windows Vista. Both stinkers shunned by any smart customer and any IT consultant worth a hoot.

wakecumberland 07-31-2013 11:33 AM

^ I knew I left out something :toast:

Goinbroke 07-31-2013 12:13 PM

OMG...really,
Are we debating a comparison between Microsoft and Mastercraft ?

Ya, these two companies are identical.........

good times!