TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Find A Pull / Give a Pull (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Chicago area looking (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=55937)

Skatedoc 07-13-2013 02:52 PM

Chicago area looking

Just moved to Chicago, figured I'd see if anyone's offering pulls on the big lake or anywhere nearby. I can drive and have a wakeskate.

mikeg205 07-13-2013 02:57 PM

Skiing on the big lake - I have never seen it that calm on the chicago side... Grand Ave beach seems like best place - but believe you can't ski behind break water... Best place is mornings at Chain o' Lakes and down on Illinois River.

You can try www.meetup.com - are you northside or southside...

88 PS190 07-13-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skatedoc (Post 956616)
Just moved to Chicago, figured I'd see if anyone's offering pulls on the big lake or anywhere nearby. I can drive and have a wakeskate.

Where in? We're working on this currently.

I'm near south west - by I-55 and I-294 seems like most of the other guys are a bit further out. I'm about half way through a wake winch build - but don't know if that will be finished since I don't ride wake skates... might try though.

Rockman 07-14-2013 12:41 PM

There are a number of people in the western suburbs and also the southwest suburbs who always have room for extra riders.

We took our BF200 on Lake Michigan a few times...areas down toward 63rd and 71st street beaches in the early am were like glass.

Lake Michigan downtown can be great if the weather is great but can be very dangerous due to the amount of traffic down there.

mikeg205 07-15-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockman (Post 956806)
There are a number of people in the western suburbs and also the southwest suburbs who always have room for extra riders.

We took our BF200 on Lake Michigan a few times...areas down toward 63rd and 71st street beaches in the early am were like glass.

Lake Michigan downtown can be great if the weather is great but can be very dangerous due to the amount of traffic down there.

foot and a half rollers by noon?

Rockman 07-15-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg205 (Post 957231)
foot and a half rollers by noon?

Nope, water was fine...we have been out in April on the Chicago River a few years back footing for an MS fundraiser and then again in the later part of the summer on the lake.

A buddy of mine lives at 1212 N. Lake Shore and faces the lake so he is a good guide as to water conditions.

If you stay around LSD, then you get all the water chop...you just need to go far enough away from everyone and then the water is ok.

zamboniman 07-15-2013 11:53 PM

I will admit to doing a slalom run on the big lake not far from Winthrop harbor behind a 30' cruiser. Captain said it couldn't be done, nobody's gotten up on a slalom behind this boat and definitely not on this water.. I said give me the ski and he handed me a beer upon reentering the boat.. eating his words.

2 birds.. I can tell the story and he can tell the story.

88 PS190 07-16-2013 12:35 PM

The lake + some free ride type action would be slick.

Tristar Racing 07-16-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockman (Post 957367)
Nope, water was fine...we have been out in April on the Chicago River a few years back footing for an MS fundraiser and then again in the later part of the summer on the lake.

You must know Tom. He lives a few doors down from my parents house in Orland, which is where I have to keep my boat. (Wasn't fitting in my single car slot in Naperville)

Rockman 07-16-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing (Post 957531)
You must know Tom. He lives a few doors down from my parents house in Orland, which is where I have to keep my boat. (Wasn't fitting in my single car slot in Naperville)

Yes....