TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Need some honest advice... (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=55504)

EarlyriserX9 06-27-2013 12:11 AM

Need some honest advice...

3 Attachment(s)
Hi All, I am in the market for a new boat. What do you all think about this 07' X30, 6.0 Liter, w/150 hours with a price tag of $56k? I'm not sure about the navy stripe above the rub rail, the navy graphics, and the navy bimini. My main concerns are the overall appearence, resale, quality of surf wave, and quality of wakeboard wave. I really appreciate any opinions. Thank you!

onewheat 06-27-2013 12:52 AM

Personally - not my color choice - great boat - seems kind of spendy $$$. :twocents:

Aric'sX15 06-27-2013 10:59 AM

I don't like red, but pricing seems a little off. 53k tops for that boat! Good surf and wakeboard wake, and will hold it's value pretty well.

mzimme 06-27-2013 11:07 AM

I think the boat looks great as far as colors go, personally. As for price... can't help ya there.

D3skier 06-27-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EarlyriserX9 (Post 951497)
Hi All, I am in the market for a new boat. What do you all think about this 07' X30, 6.0 Liter, w/150 hours with a price tag of $56k? I'm not sure about the navy stripe above the rub rail, the navy graphics, and the navy bimini. My main concerns are the overall appearance, resale, quality of surf wave, and quality of wakeboard wave. I really appreciate any opinions. Thank you!

that background looks familiar... is this at Carolina Water Sports?

mikeg205 06-27-2013 11:41 AM

nice boat low hours... that 6.0 is a pricey upgrade...X-30's nice for wake and surf... I am sure he would budge with a honest offer - if the boat's in great shape and it's what you want.. I think it's a fair price - don't forget it's high season for boats so price is a premium. But you have to at least try to get a few thousand off - just for negotiations sake.

willyt 06-27-2013 11:48 AM

red, white and blue. classic color scheme, but to each their own.

A navy drip mold "MasterCraft" along the side would tie it all together nicely. 6L isnt lacking any power for that boat. I like the idea of it anyway.

Never ridden behind one though.. demo demo demo

scott023 06-27-2013 12:07 PM

Am I crazy? The tape above the rub rail looks and should be black, and the X30 graphics look black too?

BrianM 06-27-2013 02:18 PM

Color scheme looks good to me. Very classic colors. No idea on the price.

bturner2 06-28-2013 07:32 AM

If you're worried about resale anything other than a classic color layout is going to be risky and that is not a classic graphic for the industry as a whole. I was never a fan of that scheme but have seen several that pulled the look off well. That particular one..... not so much for me however to each their own (which BTW is not good for attracting the largest potential market base).

For me if the blue above the rail is tape I'd pull it off. I believe this is going to be in the gel though. A red Bimini would have worked better for me with the interior accents in red. Based on the general theme I'm guessing that those are going to be blue which would not be my choice.

Your definitely paying for that expensive engine upgrade (which may or may not be worth the price) as well as a seasonally adjusted price factor. I wouldn't know if the upgrade is worth the price as I've had no experience with the boat or engine. If it were me I'd be looking to demo that one and one with a RTP/MCX to see if it's worth it if possible.