TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Trailers (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Rubber Trailer Fender Pads (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=54793)

Fletchx7 06-03-2013 08:44 AM

Rubber Trailer Fender Pads

Does anyone know where you can get a replacement rubber fender pad for a trailer? I lost one over the weekend. I ran a search, but came up with a lot of results referring to the "grip tape" type pads on the fenders. Mine is more of a perforated hard rubber type pad. Is something that dealers carry or can order? For reference, it's an 02 trailer. I'll try to take a picture tonight.

ncsone 06-03-2013 09:47 AM

You can order it from the dealer. The other option is to order them pre-cut from SeaDek or order blank foam from SeaDek and cut it to shape yourself. The SeaDek stuff seems to last longer w/o cracking and stick better than the factory stuff. Or, at least the factory stuff that came on my '05 trailer.

TxsRiverRat 06-03-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletchx7 (Post 941979)
Does anyone know where you can get a replacement rubber fender pad for a trailer? I lost one over the weekend. I ran a search, but came up with a lot of results referring to the "grip tape" type pads on the fenders. Mine is more of a perforated hard rubber type pad. Is something that dealers carry or can order? For reference, it's an 02 trailer. I'll try to take a picture tonight.

I replaced all of mine through nonsliptapes.com - lots to choose from and custom cut to your specifications - Shane is also an ex Marine...

Shane@nonsliptapes.com

Fletchx7 06-03-2013 05:14 PM

Thanks for the info! I hadn't thought about replacing all of them, but worth looking into. I'll talk to my dealer, but going look into nonsliptapes.com and seadek since I have a feeling this won't be a one time thing...

I appreciate it!

TxsRiverRat 06-03-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletchx7 (Post 942239)
Thanks for the info! I hadn't thought about replacing all of them, but worth looking into. I'll talk to my dealer, but going look into nonsliptapes.com and seadek since I have a feeling this won't be a one time thing...

I appreciate it!

I paid <$30 for all at non skid tapes and they were custom cut to my dimensions.

Fletchx7 06-03-2013 06:15 PM

That sounds like the route to go. SeaDek has 4 longer strips listed for $26, but I'm guessing I would have to cut them to size and I have 6 spots to replace. Granted, I haven't contacted SeaDek, just going off the website. I'll contact both and see what they say. $30 is hard to beat if they cut....

Thanks for the help!

snork 06-03-2013 07:31 PM

hopefully mine will last a couple more years but I was preparing myself to replace with seadeck with the plank style, I was also entertaining all areas on the xstar that has no-slip texture surface typically covered by carpet as well as including bow ladder/anchor locker lid

tmacx2 06-20-2013 12:40 PM

Is it pretty common for these not to last too long? Mine is a 2011 and one is gone and a couple more are loose and we rarely step on them. Trailer is indoors year round and only goes from the storage barn at the marina to the launch ramp and back. Seems like they shouldn't be falling off already.